Are you unexpectedly pregnant, and exploring the option of parenting? You deserve to know about all your pregnancy options before taking your next step.
you may be pregnant, now what?
Soundview understands that life is full of surprises and unexpected events.
Having a good support system in place when dealing with challenges can make the difference between having an ongoing draining struggle and having a beautiful, positive, successful outcome.
Parenting is one of your three pregnancy options. We are here to better inform you so you can decide if parenting is the best option for you. All of our services are provided in a caring, friendly, confidential environment.
Is Parenting Right for me?
You probably have many questions filling up your mind already about parenting. That’s very normal, and it’s important to get answers. You may be asking yourself…
- Will my partner/family support me?
- Can I continue school?
- Am I financially able to take care of my child?
- How do I work and raise a child?
- Where will I live?
- Am I too young?
No matter what option you choose, our team at Soundview is committed to being a part of your support system. We know that with pregnancy there are changes physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, and with relationships, and more. We are here to help you successfully navigate those changes and help answer any questions you may have.
Soundview Parenting Program:
Duration: When you begin your pregnancy journey* at Soundview until 2 years after baby’s birth
What you get:
- Medical Consultation: Speak with one of our healthcare professionals to ask pregnancy related questions and obtain referrals. Please consult your prenatal provider for pregnancy related medical concerns.
- Social Work Consultation: Our Care Coordinator is a kind and caring professional who is available to assist you in connecting with valuable resources that can help you with issues like housing, unemployment, health insurance issues, transportation, material resources and more. She can answer your questions and provide emotional support as well.
- Your own dedicated Pregnancy Coach. This is a trained, caring person that truly wants to be that person who walks alongside you during your pregnancy and beyond. They are a listening ear, a cheerleader, a resource, a pregnancy companion so you never have to feel alone. In addition to being a friend, your coach has access to educational videos on a multitude of topics related to what you are going through that can be texted to you or watched and discussed together in person. Your coach is also a resource for referrals for help with other issues that may come up. Your coach can be a go-to support person during this time of change.
- First Priority for Class Registration: Our parenting program members receive first priority for our classes including:
- Pregnancy Basics
- Newborn Care:
- Newborn Care: Practical Skills
- Childbirth Education and more.
Classes are developed by a team consisting of a New Parent Educator and Birth Doula. Classes can be conducted in person or live online.
- Material Assistance: All members of our parenting program receive diapers and wipes at each coaching visit. We also assist in helping you obtain other needed items such as car seat, stroller, crib etc. For more information on material assistance, please visit our Material Assistance Page.
- First Priority for Free Ultrasounds. Soundview periodically conducts ultrasound trainings that require model patients. Our parenting program members receive first priority for free sonogram.
Services for men are also available
To speak to a representative call 631-676-7990 for our Suffolk location or 516-430-7990 for our Nassau location.