If you decide to carry to term and parent, you probably have many questions about logistics and how you’ll make everything work. This is especially true if you’re in school, are juggling school and work, or need to find a new place to live.
Whatever you may be needing, we can assist you in receiving it. Participants in our Parenting Program receive help on a case by case basis depending on need.
All clients in the New to 2 Parenting Program receive:
- Formula (if needed, breastmilk is preferred)
- New baby clothes
- And lots more!
Making All Your Options Accessible
If you haven’t made a decision yet about your pregnancy, don’t let a lack of material resources force you down a path you aren’t sure about. Know you have options and deserve all the information to make a fully-informed choice about your pregnancy without pressure from other people or circumstances.
Material assistance resources during COVID-19:
During this unprecedented time, there are many challenges with sustaining and getting practical resources. We are committed to helping you in obtaining the necessary items you have need. Below is a list of some community resources that may be helpful.
- Birthright Call hotline to be connected to local Birthright organization to ask about material assistance. 800-550-4900
- The 2-1-1 Long Island call center and database are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dial 2-1-1 to connect to a caring call specialist or outside Nassau and Suffolk Counties call toll-free 1-888-774-7633.
- Text4Baby-A free mobile text service for pregnant women and new moms.
- Breath of Life. Phone: 631-738-8829
- Healthy Baby and Me through Suffolk County DSS Maternal and Infant Community Health Collaborative Phone: (631) 854-4023. 4 Udall Road West Islip, NY 11795
- Lighthouse Mission for material assistance and food. Phone: (631) 758-7584 Email: Hello@LighthouseMission.com
- Nassau County Perinatal Services Network Phone: 516-227-9456
- Economic Opportunity Commission of Nassau County- Maternal and Infant Community Health Collaborative (MICHC) 516-292-9710
- People Loving People Phone: 516-945-9738
- The INN in Hempstead Phone: 516- 486-8506 Monday-Friday 9am-2pm bagged lunches